SALT MARSH EXCURSION
DISL Excursion - Masks Required
102 Bienville Blvd - 102 Bienville Blvd, Dauphin Island, AL, USA
Fun for the whole family!
For All Ages (Children 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult)Program Cost: $12 per person. Space is limited, and reservations are required using the Reservation form below. Please note that your reservation will not be secure until you purchase your tickets through a link you will receive by email using a code provided in the same email.
DISL reserves the right to cancel in case of inclement weather or if there is insufficient participation.
Salt marshes are not monotonous expanses of grass; they’re fascinating coastal wetlands that are critical to our estuary system. Be a marine scientist for a day, and use seine nets, buckets, shovels, and sieve boxes to collect samples, including crabs, snails, and fish (we’ll release animals back to the marsh). You’ll learn about the important role salt marshes play in the Gulf of Mexico and how they support the seafood we enjoy.
After meeting at the Estuarium, you will travel to the Dauphin Island salt marsh to explore this vital ecosystem. Please be advised that you will get wet and muddy, so you may wish to prepare your vehicle accordingly.
What to wear: Proper footwear is very important for your safety and enjoyment. Because of sharp oyster shells, participants are advised to wear closed-toe shoes that tie or strap on, such as old tennis shoes. Please no flip-flops, Crocs, or rubber boots as they get ‘eaten’ by the marsh mud. Wear clothes that can get wet and muddy.
What to bring: hat, sunscreen, water bottle, change of clothes and shoes, bag for muddy items
- Masks are required for attendance.
- As a protective measure against COVID 19, all participants two years and older are required to wear a mask.
- Please ensure that each person in your party comes prepared with a suitable mask.
- Please conduct a health assessment on everyone in your party before leaving home on the morning of the Excursion.
- If anyone is experiencing symptoms of COVID 19, please cancel by phone, and we will issue a full refund.
- Everyone will be screened for symptoms upon arrival.
- We will not take a party if anyone in the group is symptomatic, but we will issue full refunds. Please help us safeguard everyone's health.
What to bring: hat, sunscreen, water bottle, bug spray, change of clothes and shoes, bag for wet items
Click Reservation Form to reserve your space now.
Purchasing this ticket will get you a code that will give you 2.00 off an Aquarium visit.
This code will be printed on your ticket that you will get via email.
Add an *Aquarium visit* to your experience *HERE*